Link Round-Up: Hack, Hot Docs and iPad #fails
‘Nothing is impossible, believe in your dreams and go create’ Jefferson Hack
- My obsession with the Dazed group is not much of a secret. So this past Thursday I made it a point to tune in to Business of Fashion and it’s founder Imran Ahmed in conversation with editorial director of Dazed Group and indie publishing guru Jefferson Hack. Major topics included; the potential fate of our beloved glossies, the need of constant innovation and of course the iPad.
In case you missed the live stream, BoF promises to have the video up on their website at some point this week.
- Hot Docs: Canada’s international documentary film festival held in Toronto is in full swing! Now in it’s fifth year Hot Docs is North America’s largest documentary festival and runs until this Sunday May 9th. Be sure to check out the online schedule to buy tix and find films.
- Rosemount Australian Fashion Week kicks off today with my favorites Bec & Bridge, Story By Tang and the always edgy Kiwi trio Stolen Girlfriends Club.
Bits and Bobs
- Epic E-shop fail : The top ten luxury brands’ websites are not accessible with the iPad or iPhone. Go Figure. Considering it’s taken most of these brands a millennium to hope on to the interweb train in the first place.
- ADR: The gorgeous Anna Della Russo can now be stalked proper via Twitter. So say hello and follow! The fantastic fash-ed also has a blog that she swears is all Russo.
- Splatter Revolution: The lovely Ashley Rowe hosted a splatter filled party at Evan Biddell‘s Oz Studio Boutique. Here images of her new Fall 2010 look book was showcased, amongst paint splattered tees, bouncy beats and Toronto’s cool kids.